Job Description for Eurostar Courier
Reporting to: Group Travel Co-ordinator/ Eurostar Co-ordinator
Main purpose of job
To escort Group Travel students travelling by Eurostar, ensuring their safety and well being and a professional handover on arrival at their destination.
- Reports to OISE representative in France at appointed time and takes charge of students and their luggage.
- Checks in students at Eurostar Terminal and informs students of travel itinerary.
- Escorts students to train and ensures all students board safely.
- Remains with students in designated compartment and actively controls the group on board. Interacts with group and keeps students entertained.
- Provides assistance and refreshments on board.
- Meets UK representative at St Pancras and organises students for onward transfer
- Escorts group to Welcome Lounge shuttle/ direct coach/taxi transfer.
- Ensures students and luggage loaded safely.
- St Pancras representative liaises with Welcome Lounge and Group Travel Co-ordinator in the UK and French Representatives.
- Meets students returning via St Pancras, as agreed with Travel Co-ordinator
- Looks after the students and their luggage during check-in.
- Escorts students safely on to the train.
- Eurostar Co-ordinator informs the representative in France and Group Travel Co-ordinator of any changes or delays which may need to be communicated further.
- Regularly monitors students throughout journey.
- Ensures safe handover of students to appointed person/s in France.