Job Description for Welcome Lounge Assistant
Reporting to: Travel Co-ordinator
Main purpose of the Job
To provide an enjoyable, safe experience for all students at the Welcome Lounge and to assist with their onward journeys.
To act with an overriding responsibility for students' welfare at all times
The amount of time spent on a particular duty will vary according to the number of students and staff at the Welcome Lounge.
- Welcomes students from shuttle bus and remains with students through registration, travelling on shuttle to LHR when needed
- Inducts students -explaining procedures for activities, meals etc and keeps students informed
- Monitors students and assists with onward transfer and baggage handling/luggage storage
- Checks student names against travel lists and informs students of transfer arrangements.
- Liaises with couriers, drivers, airport staff and shuttle bus to facilitate transfers. Informs staff of delays.
- Informs Travel Co-ordinator of non-arrivals/cancellations and helps arrange alternative travel
- Prioritises departure students, for return transfers to airport
- Helps to set up the equipment for the day’s activities and keep centre tidy throughout day
- Runs variety of activities to keep all students involved – team sports, art and crafts
- Organises entertainment – DVDs, Music, Board Games, Cards
- Monitors student welfare and looks after their needs
- Supervises provision of buffet and refreshments/ Assists with preparation